Tuesday 22 December 2009

Christmas 2009

19-30: There is still snow on the ground here - in some places white and smooth and good for playing. It did thaw into a slushy mess in places today. I don't think they are used to snow here as there are no tobogans and no snow-men.

I will probably be off-line until next week - after the three boxing days following Xmas day. I am off to see my brother in Devon (by train) and I am not going to take my laptop. I am hoping to hole up infront of his wood-burning stove, avoid eating too much and maybe go for a few walks. I am feeling a bit tired just now - partly due to excessive shopping at the weekend! - but I really blame the usual side-effects of chemo.

Thank you for your various letters, emails and cards - it is lovely to hear from you and it is also wonderfully life-affirming.

2 comments:

Sally said...

I hope you have a good time with Roger. I met up with all my brothers and families on Sunday for our annual christmas get together. It was quite strange without Mum holding court! she would be pleased to see us make the effort to meet up at least once a year!

Anonymous said...

Hi Lorna, Happy New Year from Marianne and I. Snowy up here with a thump of ice to boot.
Talk more in the New Year.
Best
Henry