Sunday 9 May 2010

on the river Deben

20-30 hrs: yesterday - one of the coldest days I have ever spent on safety cover (even on the open sea off the Tyne) and two people were cold enough to be wrapped in blankets. I had lots of spare pullovers and an off-shore jacket - and wore the whole lot.

The picture is of Ramsholt beach from the club's very nice river boat - with the trainees and various dinghies - about half way down-river to the mouth. I found some fossils along the cliff, but mostly lurked out of the wind and rain. At least it stopped me watching the excitement of the news on the tv. But today I gave in - and after going to the gym, I stayed in, switched on the tele and watched the hung parliament programmes on the 24 hour news channels - sadly fascinating.
(I did some sewing and other domestic stuff whilst the tele was on - - .)

No comments: