Wednesday, 29 August 2012

Day 4: Saturday August 25th: Titchmarsh marina and trying to make decisions about whether to move on
The entrance to Titchmarsh marina - a contrast to the wildness of the anchorages. But good shelter and  lots of mud.
It rained heavily for much of Saturday, with wind and more rain forecast from Monday onwards.

I spent a lot of time thinking about when to leave. I had an internet connection and 4 weather forecasts - all contradicting each other. It was unclear which one the weather would obey. I did not want to be trapped in Titchmarsh for days because I needed to be back for an appointment on Friday to see if I am fit to fly to France. Otherwise I would have just sat it out and eaten too much in the carvery and read the newspaper on my iPad. It now looks an obvious decision - to leave on Sunday. But it did not feel so at the time.

No comments: