Tuesday, 26 May 2009
Tyne to Runswick Bay
I left in strong winds, without appreciating how strong the wind would be. I had a problem getting the main up - so decided to do without it. I had a rough reach half way across to Runswick, with genoa and engine. Then the wind dropped a bit so I could get the sails up properly. This was the first of many days when the wind strength was wrongly predicted on all the best weather sites.
The anchorage was excellent and there I stayed over night until I set off early to Scarborough.